(Hyrum Smiths own copy of the Book of Mormon)
The Book of Mormon is true…(If in doubt ask yourselves these 11 questions)
1. Could an uneducated farmhand boy of the early 1800’s come up with 531 pages of ancient scripture on his own that was historically accurate and prophetic in nature?
2. Would it be possible for that boy to understand and include ancient Hebrew literary writing styles such as idioms and Chiasmus, which weren’t even discovered until the modern day?
3. How would Joseph Smith (in the 1800’s) have been able to know so much about the Middle East, especially the Arabian Peninsula where Lehi and his family traveled? For example The Nahom. All these discoveries have only happened in the modern times, thanks to archaeology.
4. How could Joseph Smith come up with roughly 200 new names in the Book of Mormon and then have them turn out to be Semitic in nature? (There are roughly 200 new names in the Book of Mormon, which have all turned out to be of Semitic origin. And the names of the Book of Mormon prophets have also been discovered in the Jerusalem and across the Middle East).
5. If you think Joseph Smith couldn’t have written this book, then where did it come from? If one says the devil put him up to it…then why would Satan want to publish another testament of Jesus Christ and a book that does nothing but promote righteousness. Jesus said that a house divided against itself would fall.
6. Who were the “other sheep” that would hear Jesus’s voice in John 10:16?
7. Why are there volumes of books written by non-LDS authors stating that Christ came and visited the America’s around two thousand years ago just like it says in 3rd Nephi? (See Example “He Walked The America’s by L. Taylor Hansen”) How would Joseph Smith have known this when at the time no one even considered it?
8. If we have the stick of Judah (record of the Jews or the Bible), then where is the stick of Joseph that is referenced in Ezekiel 37:15-20? The Book of Mormon is the only explanation for this scripture. Lehi was a descendant of Joseph. Think Joseph Smith could have gotten that right by sheer chance?
9. How could there be so many witnesses of the Book of Mormon and the plates and not one of them deny their testimony even when some of them became bitter toward Joseph Smith? With so many people involved…a hoax of this magnitude could never go uncovered.
10. How could the Book of Mormon never contradict itself while being an extremely complex book? After all these years…someone would have found something…but no.
11. And the most important question to ask yourself is “How do I feel while I read the Book of Mormon?”
If you have never read the Book of Mormon then I invite you to read it and find out for yourself.